Coronavirus/COVID-19 Cover: All policies provide cover for emergency medical treatment & repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 abroad. Covid+ policies cover cancellation if you catch COVID-19 within 14 days of departure. In addition, Platinum Covid+ policies have more cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19. Get a Quote »
Travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions
- Cover for all types of medical conditions
- No age limits
Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing travel insurance cover to holidaymakers and travellers with pre-existing medical conditions.
Our travel insurance policies can cover all types of medical conditions up to a high level of severity, including; high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart conditions, cancer, diabetes, asthma, stroke, MS, anxiety and depression.
Since 2010 we have insured over 700,000 travellers who may have had difficulty finding travel insurance cover elsewhere due to their age or medical conditions.
Cover and Benefits
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation up to £10 Million
- 24 Hour Medical Emergency Support
- Loss of Medication up to £300
- Mobility aids up to £2500 (Silver, Gold & Platinum policies)
- Cancellation & Curtailment up to £5000 (Platinum policies)
- Personal Property up to £3000 (Platinum policies)
- Scheduled Airline/End Supplier Failure included
- Cover for sports and hazardous activities available
Travel insurance and medical conditions- Frequently asked questions
Why do I need to declare all of my medical conditions?
Travel insurance protects you from the risk of large medical bills if you fall ill or have an accident whilst you are away. Therefore in order to provide cover we need to have an accurate picture of your current health and medical history, which means that you need to declare all existing medical conditions.
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
To be properly covered by your travel insurance for Medical Expenses and Repatriation and Cancellation or Curtailment due to illness, you must declare all of your existing medical conditions.
An existing or pre-existing medical condition is any condition which would cause you to answer yes to one of the following questions, or a previous medical condition which still has an impact on your current health.
- Have you taken any prescription medication or received medical treatment in the last 2 years?
- Have you attended a medical practitioner's surgery, hospital or clinic (out-patient or in-patient) in the last 2 years?
- Are you awaiting any medical treatment or investigation?
- Have you been diagnosed by a medical practitioner as suffering from a terminal illness?
If your health changes between purchasing your policy and your travel date you should notify us so that we can update your policy.
- Medical conditions which are controlled by medication, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure must be declared.
- A medical condition from which you have recovered, but have still had check-ups or follow-up appointments for in the last 2 years needs to be declared.
- Conditions for which you have been prescribed medication must be declared, even if you have decided not to take the medication.
How do I declare my conditions?
You can declare your existing medical conditions to us when you buy travel insurance online or by phone. It will only take a few minutes and in the vast majority of cases we will be able to issue cover immediately.
You will need to tell us the name of your medical conditions and then answer a series of multiple choice questions, such as how your condition has been treated and whether you have had any unplanned hospital visits in the last year - we won't need a doctor's certificate or the names of your medication.
My travelling companion doesn't have any medical conditions; can we be insured on the same policy?
We recommend that you and your travelling companions are all covered on the same travel insurance policy, regardless of whether they have any pre-existing medical conditions.
This means that your companions will also have cover if the holiday needs to be cancelled due to your existing medical condition. If you are all insured on different policies this is unlikely to be the case.
Declare your medical conditions and get a quote for travel insurance now.
Goodtogoinsurance.com are proud to provide travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions.
Reviews: Single trip & annual travel insurance
* Flexible cover. Trip changes? We'll change your single trip policy to match with no admin charge. The new dates must be within 20 months of the original issue date. If the new trip is for a longer period, to a different destination or more than 12 months from the original issue date, there may be an additional premium due to increased risk.